Remake of the 1978 classic.
Budget: $15 million
US Box Office Takings: Over $58 million
- White Sans Seriff font is used for the opening titles, along with a black background.
- A quote then appears by Dr Loomis, "The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us."
- A child's voice can be heard in the background along with a distorted noise, this could symbolise the death of innocence.
- Close up of young Michael picking up a rat.
- Shot reverse shot used for the arguement between Michael's parents.
- The baby's crying symbolises the pain between the couple.
- Shakey camera used for most of the shots = unnecessary